On this week’s episode of The Baggage Reclaim Classes podcast, I discuss why we shock ourselves and others by shedding our mood and behaving uncharacteristically. I additionally share ideas for not getting tipped over the sting (and studying from it and recovering once we do).
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android
5 key subjects on this episode
- Habits like people-pleasing, perfectionism, overthinking, overgiving and over-responsibility are methods for avoiding our emotions. Routinely suppressing and repressing our wants, needs, expectations, emotions and opinions imply that it’s a matter of when not if we explode and lose our mood. Or… we’re going to implode and break down internally.
- Fending off shedding your mood isn’t about repressing and silencing emotions; it’s about intervening with compassionate self-awareness and utilising self-knowledge so that you’re not hijacked by your emotions into doing one thing that may result in disgrace, not simply due to what you would possibly say or do to another person however due to the way you would possibly subsequently understand your lack of self-control.
- Have an settlement with you that when sure emotions come alongside, you don’t go on the struggle path. As a substitute, decide to carry fireplace. The settlement isn’t that you simply don’t get indignant or really feel your emotions; the settlement is that you simply don’t use your emotions as an excuse to pop off and relieve your rigidity valve.
- You probably have an settlement with your self that you simply don’t cuss folks out, lash out, lose your mood in ways in which to be harmful, and so forth., it’s lots simpler to recognise if you’re in that zone as a result of the settlement is particular.
- Personal it. That is my stuff. That is the place it comes from. I’m not saying that how I really feel or why I felt it’s rational or 100% on level, however what I felt and why is OK.’ What we do with it, alternatively, won’t be. So despite the fact that I recognise the place it was coming from, I recognise that how I communicated it, together with the way it got here out in my behaviour overstepped mine and one other particular person’s boundaries.
Hyperlinks talked about + beneficial assets
Subscribe and/or depart a evaluate on Apple Podcasts (how-to information right here). It actually helps in rising the present! Should you’re new to podcasts, discover out extra about what they’re and how one can subscribe with this useful information.
Leave a Reply