So many people conflate accountability with blame. It’s no surprise, then, that we wrestle to take accountability or to even know what accountability is. On this week’s episode of The Baggage Reclaim Classes, I clarify what accountability is and isn’t and why it’s good for our well-being and relationships.
5 key subjects on this episode
- Duty is once we take possession of our emotions, ideas, actions, selections and selections. We do that to know not simply what actually belongs to us and is inside our scope however the affect on ourselves and others of how we expect, really feel, act, and determine. On the subject of errors and wrongdoing, accountability means to acknowledge that there is an issue: What’s our half in it’s even when that makes us uncomfortable?
- What we skilled in childhood isn’t our fault; we don’t have to take accountability for different individuals’s behaviour. We’re not answerable for what we’ve inherited and been socialised and conditioned into. That stated, managing our emotional baggage, together with the affect on ourselves and others, is our accountability.
- Acknowledging our half in one thing solely actually takes form if we don’t focus too closely on the scale. It’s not about figuring out the chances. The extra we deal with the scale of our half, the extra we’re distracting and deflecting from our accountability.
- It’s simple to imagine that dodging accountability all the time comes from a spot of shadiness. And sure, generally it does. Most people, although, have a sophisticated relationship with accountability. Why? As a result of we’ve been socialised to have a sophisticated relationship with boundaries.
- Duty is vulnerability; once we dodge one, we dodge the opposite.
Hyperlinks talked about + advisable sources
Subscribe and/or depart a evaluation on Apple Podcasts (how-to information right here). It actually helps in rising the present! If you happen to’re new to podcasts, discover out extra about what they’re and the way to subscribe with this useful information.