Dominique Casimir has joined the board – and the C-suite – of Bertelsmann-owned BMG.
The Berlin-based exec, who first joined BMG in 2008, has been named Chief Content material Officer (CCO) of the corporate.
Casimir strikes up from her earlier position as EVP Repertoire & Advertising for EU, APAC & LATAM, with accountability for repertoire (each publishing and recorded music) in all worldwide territories outdoors the US and the UK.
In that position, she additionally has international accountability for Synch and Company Accountability at BMG.
In her new place, Casimir will moreover tackle accountability for UK repertoire; Alistair Norbury, President Repertoire & Advertising UK, will now report back to Casimir.
In consequence, Casimir will carry direct accountability for BMG’s repertoire operations throughout 16 worldwide territories.
That quantity will rise to 17 in June, with the opening of BMG’s new workplace in Mexico Metropolis.
BMG’s US repertoire groups will proceed to report on to the corporate’s CEO, Hartwig Masuch, as will Casimir.
Based on Bertelsmann’s 2021 annual outcomes, some 47.2% of BMG’s revenues had been generated in territories Casimir now takes care of (see beneath), with the remaining 52.8% generated within the US.
The UK – for which, as talked about, Casimir will tackle accountability as CCO – generated 11.8% of the corporate’s international income final yr.
Discussing Casimir’s promotion, Hartwig Masuch mentioned: “Dominique is an distinctive music government.
“She exemplifies so lots of the key attributes of BMG itself, with a uncommon expertise to speak with artists and songwriters on their very own phrases and an utter dedication to assist them to attain their targets.
“To be an artist or songwriter is likely one of the hardest jobs round. It’s our job to make it simpler and whether or not it’s publishing or data, synch, or neighboring rights, we achieve this by delivering reliably the perfect service we will.”
Dominique Casimir, BMG
“In her new position she is going to present a powerful Berlin-based repertoire voice on the highest degree of the corporate.”
Mentioned Casimir: “To be an artist or songwriter is likely one of the hardest jobs round. It’s our job to make it simpler and whether or not it’s publishing or data, synch, or neighboring rights, we achieve this by delivering reliably the perfect service we will.
“I’m excited to proceed to contribute to BMG’s mission in whichever method I can, and I look ahead to working with Alistair Norbury and our UK group to construct on BMG’s success in our largest repertoire operation outdoors North America.”
After a profitable interval as SVP Worldwide Coordination & Music Supervision, Casimir was promoted to BMG Managing Director GSA on the finish of 2016.
She was then promoted to EVP Repertoire & Advertising Continental Europe in early 2019, including Asia Pacific and Latin America in late 2020 and BMG’s international synch operation in 2021.
Below her management, BMG has grown its Continental Europe enterprise by a 3rd, expanded into stay music in Germany, and developed BMG’s first stage musical, Ku’damm 56.
Final month (April 2022) it was introduced that BMG would this summer time launch a brand new Latin America hub in Mexico, in a transfer additionally led by Casimir.Music Enterprise Worldwide
Leave a Reply