On this week’s episode of The Baggage Reclaim Classes, I discuss in regards to the significance of representing your self–exhibiting up, talking up and stepping up for who you actually are. If we’re not authentically representing ourselves, individuals don’t have a real sense of who we’re, together with our wants, boundaries and values.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android
5 key subjects on this episode
- Representing your self means recognising, acknowledging and expressing your wants, wishes, expectations, emotions and opinions with respect for your self and others. I add ‘respect’ as a result of representing your self is actually being assertive as an alternative of passive, passive-aggressive or aggressive.
- What you’ll be able to study out of your default responses to only the thought of representing and being your self is that you’ve got detrimental associations with these. Your practised response is to close your self down. However guess what? That’s computerized, nevertheless it’s not correct.
- These ideas and emotions are your cues to ask: What do I really want right here, and the place am I about to harm me with suppression?
- Take note of how a lot of your bandwidth, of your day and week, is spent representing your self? When you think about the conversations and interactions you’ve had, the way you’ve spent your bandwidth, how a lot of the way you’ve proven up right now, whether or not it’s to your self or others, is a real or more true reflection of you? Did individuals get to work together with the true you? Did you give airtime to your ideas and emotions? Did you will have time to satisfy your individual wants?
- You’re not going to change into extra comfy about being actually, authentically and fortunately your self, together with understanding what to say sure and no to, if you don’t do extra ‘reps’. So train reps are the place you do a repetition of a set of workout routines that, as an illustration, builds power but additionally the behavior of train. Do extra ‘reps’ of expressing who you might be and representing your self. e.g. Be direct as an alternative of dropping hints. Say sure once you imply sure, and no once you imply no. Acknowledge and specific your limits. Cease holding wees and skipping meals, breaks and assembly your primary wants.
Hyperlinks talked about + really helpful sources
Subscribe and/or go away a overview on Apple Podcasts (how-to information right here). It actually helps in rising the present! In case you’re new to podcasts, discover out extra about what they’re and find out how to subscribe with this useful information.
Leave a Reply